Nov. 9, 2017
For Immediate Release
Contact: Paul Jarvey (508) 368-7241
WORCESTER — A Worcester Superior Court jury today found Antonio Damon guilty of 18 charges including aggravated kidnapping, aggravated rape, carjacking and armed robbery, part of an hour-long crime spree last year in Worcester, according to Worcester County District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr.
Mr. Damon, 36, of 25 Queen St., was found guilty of three counts of aggravated rape, three counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, two counts of strangulation or suffocation, two counts of armed robbery, one count of aggravated kidnapping, kidnaping, assault with intent to rape and other charges.
He faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years in prison on the aggravated kidnapping charge. Judge Richard T. Tucker scheduled sentencing for 9 a.m., Nov. 22.
Mr. Damon, armed with what was believed to be a knife, entered an office at 340 Main St. shortly before 4 p.m. on Aug. 9, 2016 and raped a 27-year-old woman three times. He then left the building and carjacked a woman’s vehicle, strangling, threatening and sexually assaulting her before she was able to free herself from his grip and escape.
He later broke into a business at 5 Denny St. and committed armed robbery before being arrested by police.
“This was one of the most horrific crimes we have seen,” Mr. Early said. “These victims have had their lives changed forever. This verdict will give them a measure of justice and some degree of closure. I thank these courageous victims for the very difficult job of testifying and re-living their ordeal in front of their attacker.”
Mr. Early said he was proud of the work done by Assistant District Attorneys Courtney L. Sans and Tara L. Nechev in what was a complicated case. He also praised the Worcester Police Department for its response to the incident and careful investigation.
“I’d like to thank the jury for their deliberations,” Mr. Early said. “We appreciate their diligence and their care in reaching the verdict.”